Old versionsSee all
As its name suggests, “Fashion Star” is a game about the fashion business. As a matter of fact, the protagonist – who’s going to take her name from you, since the players embrace that role – have just decided to become a fashion stylist. If you are not into fashion, definitely this is not the game for you. Also, if you are a man into fashion, this game is kind of sexist since it doesn’t give you the chance to choose the gender. You’ll be forced to represent a girl.
Anyway, what is this game about? As we said before, the protagonist decided to become a fashion stylist and work as a freelancer. She – or better said you - will try to find a job in some fashion magazine. Then, she will have to hire some models or even create them according to the jobs needs. When the models are ready, our protagonist will have to select clothes that match with a certain style, required for the job. Finally, a photo session will take place to produce the pictures to sell to the magazines. As you play the jobs get harder and harder, but you’ll be paid much better. You have to use the money earned to buy clothes for the models and produce more pictures.
When you enter the game you’ll see the Main Menu with the following options:
- Change user: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performances. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- New Game: this option leads you right into the game. A short introduction will be shown first. Some tips will come up as you play to help you get started.
- Continue: to resume a previous game.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like, sound effects volume, background sound volume, and full screen.
- Exit: no further explanation required.
When you’re playing the game, you can always click on the Menu button to access the Options menu and to go back to the main menu.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
• Windows XP/Vista
• Processor speed: 1.8 GHZ
• RAM: 256 MB
• Hard drive space (uncompressed): 45 MB
- It’s an easy-to-learn game
- It has an affordable price
- It has a nice interface
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported